Monday, April 28, 2014

Japanese Woman - Color Sketch

5" x 7" Pastel on Coated Gray Paper
This sketch is from a while back at the weekly drawing session. This model posed for us a few times. Another sketch I made of her is shown here

During one of the sessions when she modeled for us, one of the other artists kept talking to the model during the pose. His conversation had nothing to do with the session and was distracting the model who kept loosing the pose. That was distracting to me. After a while, I finally said to the guy who kept yakking at the model,

"Barry (not his real name), are you harassing the model?"

My comment didn't have much of an effect on him, but when he tried talking to the model again, she responded to him only with,

"No Hablo Ingles."

One of my favorite models!

For more about drawing sessions, go to "Labels" on the side bar and click on "sketching" or "drawing."

No comments: