Monday, May 14, 2018

Creek Side Shade Tree

9" x 12" Oil on Panel
Pictured above is a recently made plein air painting. I've painted this tree before. Like so many other subjects, though, it looks different each time I paint it. Sometimes the same landscape can provide a number of paintings, all different. Different times of day, weather, seasons, or years; also what I'm thinking or feeling at the time, all give the subject a different appearance. If development doesn't overrun these fields and trees, I'll probably return at some point in the future to paint them again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your paintings are gorgeous! I've always liked art, but have no talent or skill. I dabbled in photography, but it was more like a hobby and nothing remarkable ever happened. Real artists are very special people.

James Gunter said...

Thank you, Candy.